yet - типичные ошибки в английском со словом yetКак научиться понимать Английский на слух? Изучать Английский играючи
|Не правильно ❌||Правильно ✅||Пояснение|
1. He left the house at five in the morning, when
the family was yet asleep.
2. I remember that you used to be fond of water sports. Are you yet?
1. He left the house at five In the morning, when
the family was still asleep.
2. I remember that you used to be fond of water sports. Are you still?
1. Yet is mainly used in questions and negative
sentences and is used to ask whether something has
happened: 'Have tbey woken up yet?' (= Are they sti ll
asleep?) or to say that something has not happened:
'They haven't woken up yet. ' (= They are sti ll asleep.)
Still is mainly used to talk about actions or states which are continuing in the present: 'I'm sti ll hungry. ' 'She sti ll goes to the same school .' However, still can also be used with a negative verb to say that something has not happened: 'I sti ll haven't passed my driving test.' (= it's taking a long time.)
2. Use still when talking about something which is continuing. Compare: 'I'm sti ll reading the book you lent me. ' 'Haven't you finished it yet?'