stop - типичные ошибки в английском со словом stopКак научиться понимать Английский на слух? Изучать Английский играючи
|Не правильно ❌||Правильно ✅||Пояснение|
1. The train stoped at Birmingham.
2. He was very tired but that didn't stop him to walk even further.
3. The child couldn't stop from talking.
4. I stopped to play the piano at the age of eight.
1. The train stopped at Birmingham.
2. He was very tired but that didn't slop him from walking even further.
3. The child couldn't stop talking.
4. I stopped playing the plane at the age of eight.
1. stop (ONLY ONE p)
stopping, stopped (DOUBLE p)
2. stop someone (from) + v-ing = prevent someone (from) doing something
3. stop + v-i ng (WITHOUT from) = cease an activity: 'I've stopped smoking.' Compare: 'The rain stopped us from going out. ' (= prevented us from going out)
4. stop + v-ing = cease or discontinue an activity stop + to-v = halt or pause (in order to do something): 'Although I was in a hurry, I stopped to talk to him.'