opposite - типичные ошибки в английском со словом oppositeКак научиться понимать Английский на слух? Изучать Английский играючи
|Не правильно ❌||Правильно ✅||Пояснение|
1. I used to think that 'tal l' was opposite ' low'.
2. The opposite woman was knitting a cardigan.
3. Hiroko's mother was opposite to her marriage to Koichi.
1. I used to think that 'tall' was the opposite of
2. The woman opposite was knitting a cardigan.
3. Hiroko's mother was opposed to her marriage to Kolchi.
1. Compare: 'The bank is opposite (= facing) the post
2. Opposite (= facing the speaker or facing the person being talked about) comes after the noun it modifies
3. opposite = (1) showing the greatest possible difference: 'The two men went off in opposite directions. ' (= one went to the left and one to the right) (2) being on the other side of; facing: 'Her mother lives in the house opposite (mine).'
opposed to = not in favour of; against