of - типичные ошибки в английском со словом ofКак научиться понимать Английский на слух? Изучать Английский играючи
|Не правильно ❌||Правильно ✅||Пояснение|
1. I tried to open the door but the handle came of
in my hand.
2. The old man didn't give me a minute of peace.
3. This coat isn't mine. lt's of a friend.
4. They are both friends of him.
5. I don't think the watch is of gold.
6. Arlon is one of the oldest towns of Belgium •
7. I arrived in London on 25th of November.
8. The scenery reminded her of a painting of Renoir.
9. The magazine contains six pages of photographs of the Cup Final of Europe .
1. I tried to open the door but the handle ceme off
In my hand.
2. The old man didn't give me a minute's peace.
3. This coat Isn't mine. it's a friend's.
4. They are both friends of his.
5. I don't think the watch Is made of gold.
6. Arlon is one of the oldest town In Belgium.
7. I arrived In London on 25th November.
8. The scenery reminded her of a painting by Renoir.
9. The photographs magazine contains alx pages of of the European Cup Final.
1. Compare· 'lhe handle of the drawer came off in my
2. Time expressions are usually formed with ·'• or ·•': 'last week's news', 'three months' leave', etc.
3. To express human ownership, use ·'I (NOT of ). Compare: 'John's garden' BUT 'the roof of the house'
4. (a friend of mine/yours/his/hers/ours/theirs = one of my/your/his/her/our/their friends Compare: 'That's a photograph of him.' (= showing him) 'That's a photograph of his.' (= belonging to or taken by him)
5. (be) made of gold/wood/plastic etc.
6. a town In Belgium, a village in France, NOT of
7. Say 'the 25th of November' or 'November the 25th' BUT write '25th November' or 'November 25th' WITHOUT lhe or of.
8. a painting of Renoir = a picture that someone painted of Renoir a painting by Renoir = a picture that Renoir painted
9. A phrase beginning with of should not be used to modify a noun when there is an adjective available: 'Do you l ike English cheese?' NOT 'Do you like the cheese of England?'