never - типичные ошибки в английском со словом neverКак научиться понимать Английский на слух? Изучать Английский играючи
|Не правильно ❌||Правильно ✅||Пояснение|
1. I asked him to never arrive late.
2. You never can get really good beef in our local supermarket.
3. I did never have time to read the book.
4. She said some of the rudest things I have never heard in all my life.
5. Nobody never tells you the truth.
6. Never I had seen such an ugly face .
1. I asked him never to arrive late.
2. You can never get really good beef In our local supermarket.
3. I never had time to read the book.
4. She said some of the rudest things I have ever heard In all my life.
5. Nobody ever tells you the truth.
6. Never had I seen such an ugly face.
1. Do not split a to infinitive with never/not.
2. Never goes immediately after the (first) auxi liary verb: 'You should never cross the road without looking.' However, when there is no auxi liary verb, never is placed immediately before the main verb: 'She never lies.' When the main verb is be, never Is placed immediately after it: 'She is never punctual.'
3. Do is often used with not to make negative statements: 'I didn't answer the letter.' 'She doesn't ilwite strangers.' However, do is NOT used in this way with never: 'I never answered the letter.' 'She never invites strangers. '
The exception to this rule is when do is used for emphasis: 'In thirty years I never did have time to read the book.'
4. never = at no time
ever = at any time
5. After nobody/nothing/rarely and other words with a negative meaning, use ever (NOT never) to avoid a double negative.
6. When negative adverbs such as never/seldom/ hardly/scarcely are used at the beginning of a sentence, the subject and auxiliary verb change places: 'Never have I known him to lose.' 'Rarely do you find such intelligence in a child. '