most - типичные ошибки в английском со словом mostКак научиться понимать Английский на слух? Изучать Английский играючи
|Не правильно ❌||Правильно ✅||Пояснение|
1. Where I come from, the most teachers have to
teach at two schools in order to earn enough .
2. I think that pollution is a serious problem in most of the countries nowadays.
3. Most of major firms in Japan use word processors.
4. My country is very big and occupies the most part of the continent.
5. Both girls are clever but Edna is the most intelligent.
1. Where I come from, most teachers have 1o
teach at two schools in order to earn enough.
2. I think that pollution Is a serious problem In most countries nowadays.
3. Most of the major firms In Japan use word processors.
4. My country Is very big and occupies most of the continent.
5. Both girls are clever but Edna Is the more lntelligent.
1. Do not use the before most when most means 'nearly
2. Use most WITHOUT of + determiner when the noun that fol lows is used in a general , unrestricted sense.
Compare: 'Most of the people I know like to spend Christmas at home.'
3. most of + determiner ( + adjective) + noun OR most (+ adjective) + noun
4. Most cannot be used as an adjective. The only exception is the fixed phrase tor lhe moat part, meaning 'almost completely; mainly': 'The machines have for the most part been replaced. '
5. Use more when comparing two people or things.
Use most when comparing three or more.