less - типичные ошибки в английском со словом lessКак научиться понимать Английский на слух? Изучать Английский играючи
|Не правильно ❌||Правильно ✅||Пояснение|
1. Despite the increase in crime, punishments
are still less stricter than they should be .
2. If there were less cars on the roads, there would be less accidents .
1. Despite the Increase In crime, punishments
are still less strict than they should be.
2. If there were fewer cars on the roads, there would be fewer accidents.
1. The comparative ending (-er) is NEVER used with less
2. Use less with an uncountable noun.
Use fewer with the plural form of a countable noun.
Compare: 'Less traffic would mean fewer accidents.'
Note that although less is widely used in place of fewer in conversational Engl ish, careful users regard it as non-standard.