hardly - типичные ошибки в английском со словом hardlyКак научиться понимать Английский на слух? Изучать Английский играючи
|Не правильно ❌||Правильно ✅||Пояснение|
1. lt was so dark that we hardly could see.
2. Hardly he had begun to speak when someone interrupted him.
3. The other teacher speaks in a way I can't hardly understand.
4. Society shouldn't punish these people too hardly.
1. lt was so dark that we could hardly see.
2. Hardly had he begun to speak when someone Interrupted him.
3. The other teacher speaks In a way I can hardly understand.
4. Society shouldn't punish these people too hard.
1. When there is no auxiliary verb, hardly is placed
immediately before the main verb: 'I hardly know her.'
However, when the main verb is be, hardly is placed
immediately after it: 'Such a small amount of money is
hardly worth worrying about.' Otherwise hardly goes
immediately after the (first) auxiliary verb: 'I was so
thirsty that I could hardly talk.'
2. When negative adverbs like hardly/seldom/never are used at the beginning of a sentence, the subject and auxiliary verb change places. Note the more common alternative: 'He had hardly begun to speak when someone interrupted him.'
3. Hardly (= almost not) is NOT used with never, not, etc.
4. hardly = scarcely; almost not: 'I could hardly hear him. 'I hardly know the woman.'
hard = severe AND severely