excuse - типичные ошибки в английском со словом excuseКак научиться понимать Английский на слух? Изучать Английский играючи
|Не правильно ❌||Правильно ✅||Пояснение|
1. When he got back home he excused himself
and promised that he would never run away
2. He was sorry that he had l ied to her and asked her to excuse him
1. When he got beck home he apologized and
promised that he would never run away again
2. He was sorry that he had lied to her and asked her to forgive him.
1. excuse yourself = g ive a reason for having to leave or
be absent: 'She excused herself from the meeting,
saying that she was not feeling wel l.'
apologize = say you are sorry for (doing) somethi ng
2. Excuse is used only for minor faults and offences: 'I hope you'll excuse my untidy handwriting. I am trying to write this letter on a train.'
Forgive is used for all faults and offences, both minor and major.