elder - типичные ошибки в английском со словом elderКак научиться понимать Английский на слух? Изучать Английский играючи
|Не правильно ❌||Правильно ✅||Пояснение|
1. My sister is just two years elder than me.
2. The young man was unhurt but the elder one was taken to hospital in an ambulance.
1. My sister Is just two years older than me.
2. The young man was unhurt but the older one was taken to hospital In an ambulance.
1. Elder can not be followed by than. Nor can it come
after 'two years/six months' etc. lt is mainly used
either as an attributive adjective ('my elder sister') or
as a pronoun ('Which of the tWo sisters is the elder?')
2. Elder is used only of family relations: 'her elder brother'