different - типичные ошибки в английском со словом differentКак научиться понимать Английский на слух? Изучать Английский играючи
|Не правильно ❌||Правильно ✅||Пояснение|
1. My new school was very different than the old
2. In Argentina, Christmas celebrations are completely different as the ones in England.
3. Opinions are more different than ever.
1. My new school was very different from/to the
2. In Argentina, Christmas celebrations are completely different from/to the ones In England.
3. Opinions differ more than ever.
1. Different than is much less common In British English
than different from/to. lt Is not usual ly used except to
avoid awkwardness or repetition.
2. A is different from/to B, NOT as.
Note that careful speakers prefer from.
3. We say that people or things differ when we are talking about differences within a group. Compare: 'I asked the class and opinions differed.' ( = there were many different opinions) 'I asked the class again and opinions were different this time.' ( = different from the first time)