deny - типичные ошибки в английском со словом denyКак научиться понимать Английский на слух? Изучать Английский играючи
|Не правильно ❌||Правильно ✅||Пояснение|
1. She asked him if he had seen a little boy but
2. Mary wanted Arthur to help her but he denied.
3. She accused him of cheating but he denied.
1. She asked him If he had seen a IIHie boy but
he said he hadn't.
2. Mary wanted Arthur to help her but he refused.
3. She accused him of cheating but he denied it.
1. deny an accusation or claim, NOT a question
2. deny (an accusation etc. ) = declare something to be untrue
refuse (to do something) = not agree to do something Compare: 'He denied that he had refused to help her.'
3. Deny is a transitive verb: 'He denied lt.' 'He denied that he had.'