certain - типичные ошибки в английском со словом certainКак научиться понимать Английский на слух? Изучать Английский играючи
|Не правильно ❌||Правильно ✅||Пояснение|
1. She was extremely certain that they would
offer her the job.
2. The present government is certain of losing the next election .
1. She was absolutely/quite certain that they
would offer her the Job.
2. The present government Is certain to lose the next election.
1. Although usage varies, an adjective which contains the
sense 'very', 'extremely', or '100%' as part of its
meaning is NOT usually used with very or extremely.
Examples are: boiling (= very hot), certain (= very
sure), convinced (= very sure), delighted (= very
pleased), desperate (= very worried), fascinated
(= very interested (by)), fine (= very well, as in 'I feel
fine'), freezing (= very cold), and starving (= very
hungry). To intensify such adjectives, use absolutely,
NOT very OR extremely.
2. certain of doing something = feel sure that you will do something: 'John is certain of being i nvited.' (= John's opinion)
certain to do something = win definitely do something: 'John is certain to be invited.' (= the speaker's opinion)