before - типичные ошибки в английском со словом beforeПонимай английский на слух! Покори английский с Lingualeo
|Не правильно ❌||Правильно ✅||Пояснение|
1. On the bus he was sitting right before me.
2.'I bought the tape recorder the week before,' he said.
3. The war ended over forty years before.
1. On the bus he was sitting right In front of me.
2. 'I bought the tape recorder last week,' he said.
3. The war ended over forty years ago.
1. Before is used mainly when talking about time, NOT
place. The most common exception is when people are
talking about order or sequence: 'She was before me in the queue.' 'I looked at the list to see whose name
was before mine.' 'Two comes before three.'
2. In direct speech, use last week/month/year.
In reported speech, use the week/month/year before.
3. Before is used of a period that is NOT measured from the present: 'The war ended two months before I was born.'
Ago is used of a period in the past that is measured from the present moment.