avoid - типичные ошибки в английском со словом avoidКак научиться понимать Английский на слух? Изучать Английский играючи
|Не правильно ❌||Правильно ✅||Пояснение|
1. Some criminals use guns to avoid to be
2. He is such a nice man that you cannot avoid liking him.
3. Some parents try to avoid their children from leaving home.
4. I told him that we would be grateful if he would kindly avoid ringing our doorbell after midnight.
1. Some criminals use guns to avoid being
2. He Is such a nice man that you cannot help liking him.
3. Some parents try to prevent their children from leaving home.
4. I told him that we would be grateful If he would kindly refrain from ringing our doorbell after midnight.
1. avoid + v-ing
2. cannot help + v-ing (= cannot stop yourself from doing something): 'Whenever he smiles at me, I just can't help laughing.
3. avoid + v-ing = keep or save yourself from doing something: 'Where possible, try to avoid drinking unboiled water.' prevent someone (from) + v-ing = stop someone doing something
4. avoid = keep or save yourself from (doing something): 'Most fi lm stars try to avoid being recognized when they are on holiday. ' refrain from (formal) = stop yourself from (doing something) because other people do not like it Note the phrase: 'Would/could you kindly refrain from' + v-ing