although - типичные ошибки в английском со словом althoughКак научиться понимать Английский на слух? Изучать Английский играючи
|Не правильно ❌||Правильно ✅||Пояснение|
1. Although I was frightened, but I couldn't
2. Although the problem with the car, we enjoyed the journey very much.
3. Even although he couldn't swim, he jumped straight into the water.
1. Although I was frightened, I couldn't scream.
2. In spite of/Despite the problem with the car, we enjoyed the Journey very much.
3. Even though he couldn't swim, he Jumped straight Into the water.
1. When the subordinate clause begins with although, the
main clause does not usually begin with but or yet.
2. In spite of/Despite are prepositions and are usually followed by a noun or noun phrase. Although is a conjunction and must therefore be followed by a clause. Note the alternative: 'Although we had a problem with the car, we enjoyed the journey very much.'
3. When even is used like this to give emphasis, it is followed by though, NOT although.